Sunday, June 26, 2011

My 30 day challenge to myself

Does anyone else wish they were OCD? Not the part with switching the light on and off 20 times or washing your hands a jillion times a day... but the organized part. The part where your clothing is organized by color and outfits are already put together. (If you could see my closet, you'd understand.)

As a new mommy, I'm finding my house is getting more and more cluttered. My hubby and I weren't exactly organized before Ainsley came. I call what we had "cute clutter." But having a baby has put a whole new meaning into clutter... her stuff is everywhere. A swing, 2 bouncers, a walker, a high chair, a bumbo, random toys, headbands, etc... all of this is along the walls of my breakfast room and den.

Bottom line, I think I'd be a happier person if every part of home was organized. Down to underneath all of the beds. If we haven't used it in the last year and it has no sentimental value, then it isn't serving a purpose. Soooo. My 30 day challenge is to organize every nook and cranny of this giant house. I may not can do it in 30 days. Who knows. I may can do it in less...

I'm going to blog my progress. I'm starting tomorrow in my bedroom since it is the room where we spend the most time.

PS - This may lead up to a giant garage sale or donation to Goodwill.

1 comment:

  1. I'm rooting for you to succeed! Sometimes I think I'm too organized, but it sure makes life simpler on every level, and it cuts down on needless spending for me.

    ReplyDelete