Saturday, July 30, 2011

Mommy and Ainsley go thrifting...

Okay... let's just say that I'm extending my deadline on the organization project. It's much bigger than what I thought. However... I've thrown away / donated a TON of stuff in my effort to clear out the clutter. I've taken some "before" pics, but I don't want to take the "after" pics until I am totally done. You wouldn't believe the difference I've already made.

Anyway, part of my project was getting baskets for a couple of the main rooms we live in for Ainsley's toys. Usually they are just sitting on my dresser or on our fireplace. The last few times I've been in Target I've looked. I did see several that I liked, but all were over $20. So today I decided to go to the thrift store. Because I was alone and wasn't up for a lengthy ride in the car, I went to a new Goodwill near my house. I said a prayer that I'd find just what I was looking for. At just the right price...

Here we are heading out to find our bargains...

Everyone we passed today was in love with Ms. Ainsley. :-) She was quite the little superstar. So this is what I found... a basket, 3 books (bible stories... I had these exact books when I was little. They are in great condition), and a scarf. All for less than $10!

After wiping everything down with antibacterial wipes (of course!) I put Ainsley's toys in our "new" basket. I really like it! I think I could get into this thrift store thing...



6 comments:

  1. Love, love finding great items for great prices. And I enjoy things that have a bit of a history. I'm weird like that. :) If that's the Goodwill by my Kroger, I go there probably once a week. You just never know what you might find. I also take my donations there. It's such a clean and organized store. You got some great things! And I, of course, LOVE the picture of little superstar, our sweet girl Ainsley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love bargains?? And I love thrift stores. And I really love the superstar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll try the GW by your Kroger. I went to the one by my ghetto Kroger.

    Thanks about the new look. It was a stressful process. LOL! :-) It really was.

    Yes I do love bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by to say hello and comment on your precious little girl! I saw a most adorable photo of her on your aunts blog and couldn't resist coming by to meet you :) Sweet place you have here!

    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting me Lorraine! :-)

    ReplyDelete