Monday, August 8, 2011

We had such a busy weekend. It all started when I decided on the spur of the moment to head to my grandparents and surprise them and my mom and stepdad with a visit. Here's a pic of Ainsley right before we left. :-)

My mom was so surprised that she screamed for EVER and scared Ainsley. Anyway, we had a fabulous time. Of course, Ainsley was the center of attention. Her favorite activity of the trip was pulling up on the coffee table and pushing the magazines one-by-one to the floor.

I cherish my time with my Nana. She's such an awesome lady. She helped me finish a jumper project I had started and abandoned when it got tough. She also made divinity...


Do you believe that she doesn't use a thermometer? She showed me how the sugar is supposed to string out when it's just right. It was "divine." In fact, I've still got a few pieces left... I might go get one.

On Saturday morning, I headed back home. When I came in a saw a new cookbook named "Cake Pops" that Shawn had gotten me while I was away. I decided to try the simplest cake pops in the book late Saturday night. I was much more difficult that it looked (to me). Firstly, it feels yucky on your hands. (Note to self: use gloves next time.) Secondly, to get the melted candy coating to cover the pop was not easy. In fact, I don't think it ever happened for me. Lol. They turned out cute anyway... and quite tasty if you ask me. They were strawberry and cream cheese with a dark chocolate coating.


I gave them to our youth SS class. I assume they enjoyed them. :-) Okay... it's been a long day. I'm thinking of going to bed extremely early...

Night, night.

3 comments:

  1. I adore that pic of Ainlsey! Heart-stopper, and I can just hear your mom screaming forever. LOL! And scaring Ainsley. LOLx2! What a wonderful surprise for them. I know it is something they will talk about from now on. I agree with everything you said about my sweet mother (your Nana). She is amazing in so many ways. Wish I could be half the person she is.

    I laughed out loud about the magazines. :) I can just see sugar plum pushing them off the coffe-table. :) She is so precious and has the cutest personality. I'm already missing her very much!!

    You did great with the cake pops. They sound yummy. I love strawberry and cream cheese.

    Bye for now. LY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture of Ainsley is one of my very favorites...and I have tons! Such a doll!! Like Dayle, I could just see her scattering magazines. Heehee.

    So glad you got to go visit,and I know y'all brought oodles of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, cake pops taste great, but messy and not easy to coat with chocolate coating. My daughter in law and I made some that ended up as bees, cute as can be, but too sweet to actually eat. Hint: add a little canola oil to your chocolate for it to cover better. Brenda in Canada

    ReplyDelete