Saturday, January 29, 2011



It's been almost a week since I last posted. I kinda feel guilty about it too. :) It's been a full week. We're starting to get back into our old routine. Tuesday night = practice. Wednesday night = church. Friday night = youth. I also went to the church several days this week to work. I haven't gotten my at-home office set up yet. It's actually been fun to get dressed and go somewhere during the day, after weeks of staying in my pjs.

I feel like I'm finally starting to get the hang of things - although a few of my fb friends said I wouldn't ever adjust. I am starting to just relax and go with the flow. In my inexperienced opinion I think that is an important part of motherhood. I'm trying my hardest to go into every situation knowing that if Ainsley requires something, I will stop and do it and not worry about the consequences.

Ainsley has started cooing and make lots of little noises this week. She makes more each day. Mom is coming on Monday to stay with us for a couple days. Mainly because I feel like Ainsley has changed so much just in the last two weeks. I don't want her to miss too much. Really wish she lived closer. For her sake and mine.

4 comments:

  1. When I saw the comments on fb about never adjusting I was disagreeing in my head. You’re absolutely right about relaxing and going with the flow. That’s the best thing to do and it makes things a lot easier. Before kids I wanted everything perfect and on time. Ha, I’ve learned it’s not always like that now and with that in mind things go smoother. Welcome aboard the babies rule train!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ainsley is a doll baby and she looks just like you! Who would have thought we'd be mothers? Maybe they'll go to Bible College together...lol Adjustment is a must. I didn't have a choice. I had to go back to work after 5 weeks and learned very quickly. It's no big deal. I agree, when she needs something, just stop what you're doing and give it to her. I was out shopping with Baby J after 4 weeks.... What I haven't adjusted to is not getting 12 hours of sleep every night..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's such a sugar baby!!! I say that a lot and it's just the truth. :) Love, love those two pics! You're doing a great job as a new mother, from all I've seen. Well-adjusted babies are the result of well-adjusted mommies, so pat yourself on the back every now and then. You deserve it.

    P.S. I wish your mom lived closer, too. Maybe one of these days it'll happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a wonderful mother, and Ainsley seems very contented. I'm glad I live a stone's throw away, and I wish your mother did, too. For her, for you and for sweet, sweet Ainsley. Of course, she could live in Maine. Silver linings. :-)

    P. S. LOVE these pictures!

    ReplyDelete