Monday, January 17, 2011

Well, we've been out to eat thrice in the last 48 hours with baby girl. :) Are we brave are what?! Hehe. Believe it or not, it has worked out each time. She's not crazy about hanging out in her carseat when she isn't sleeping though. This means that we take turns eating and holding her. However, all three times the people eating with us have wanted to hold her for us. I'm sure eventually the newness will wear off and we'll get to deal with her. :) I won't be upset at all - I love holding her... even if it means waiting to eat until my food is cold.

In other news, the weirdest longing to be back in school has been haunting me since Saturday. I definitely know I couldn't take on a full load or even really more than 1 or 2 classes at the time. I'm going to continue to mull it over for a while. Obviously I couldn't actually start back until August. I would have to start making a few preparations now - take the dreaded GRE, apply to a few different programs, etc. The application process to grad school is much more complex than for a bachelor's degree. There are two Masters programs in Counseling that would complete the requirements for the LPC that I'm looking into. I could still be a full time mommy and be a counselor as I could schedule my own hours, etc - and only take as many clients as I wished. One a week or one a day.... Whatever. Who knows how I'll feel in several days.

PS - My little pumpkin just couldn't be any sweeter!

2 comments:

  1. Nana and Papa loved seeing sugar baby today. Kiss her for me!

    Keep us posted on the grad school issue. :) I would probably go ahead and start the "dreaded" process if the longing continued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby J is 7 months old and people still ask to hold her at the dinner table (and she can sit in a high chair). So, hopefully it doesn't wear off...haha

    Grad school... ugh. You should go ahead and do it in August. The longer you wait, the harder it is to regain motivation.

    ReplyDelete