Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Wanting to go deeper

Today has been a much better day than yesterday. I stayed home all day until choir practice time. Got several loads of laundry done and folded. I learned and taught a new song. And relaxed and watched last night's Bachelor while feeding Ainsley throughout the day. (HA. Side note. Ainsley is in her bassinet cooing at her mobile and kicking her legs and her feet just touched one of the hanging bears.) Anyway... I've lost all faith in the process of the Bachelor, but whatever... it's good entertainment. I really don't even care who Brad ends up with this time. :)

Last Friday night we went to our Houston Revival Conference at First Church of Pearland. Anthony Mangun was the special speaker. His message was about prayer. It so moved both Shawn and I. I want to have a deeper relationship with God. If I don't do it now, it will never happen. I will wake up and my life will be gone and I'll be the same person I am right now. There are so many things that I know God wants to do through me, but if I don't give Him time to speak to me He may find someone else to use. I want to be the one He uses.

Here are the lyrics to one of my favorite songs that really speaks how I'm feeling tonight:

I give myself away
I give myself away so You can use me

Here I am
Here I stand
Lord, my life is in Your hands
Lord, I'm longing to see
Your desires revealed in me

I give myself away
I give myself away so You can use me

Take my heart
Take my life
As a living sacrifice
All my dreams, all my plans
Lord, I place them in Your hands

My life is not my own
To You I belong
I give myself, I give myself to You


No comments:

Post a Comment